Fields of Wheat
by AuthorName, AuthorTitle, AuthorMinistry
What if? What if there could be a place in Israel, a portion of the land, that was set aside for the use of all Yeshua's congregations - both Jewish and Arab? What if there was room for recreation and camps and conferences and retreats? What if it was owned and staffed by a non-profit entity of local believers, aided by volunteers from the nations, fostering an atmosphere of loving hospitality with daily worship and prayer? What if the guests hosted included our believing brothers and sisters from the nations.
If the answer to all the above is "That would be amazing, unique, timely - a new stage in Israel's restoration", then it leads us to the next question. Why not? Why not take steps to locate such a place and believe that God, who said "the earth is mine and the fullness thereof", would be pleased to author such a venture?
These are the exact questions that arose in us several years ago and we have not been able to shake them off. Consequently we began scouting to see if any suitable property might be available. All the while we've known that it would take a long string of miracles to pull it off.
Well, those miracles have begun. We'll have to reserve future space in this publication to chronicle the journey, but at this stage we are rolling toward the fulfillment of this dream. It has gained a name: Fields of Wheat. It is registered as a new, national non-profit organization in Israel. And the dream has begun to take shape to create a hospitality village in the Galilee.
Here are our five purposes:
1. SERVING Israel's Jewish and Arab congregations. A venue for youth and children's camps, congregational retreats, equipping conferences, family training, unity initiatives and more.
2. UNITING Yeshua's disciples in a kingdom expression of the joint destiny of Israel and the nations through fellowship and mutual service. Experiencing home away from home.
3. CULTIVATING an atmosphere of worship and prayer for staff, volunteers and guests, featuring a prayer vista room, prayer paths and gardens. Plowing the ground for spiritual breakthrough.
4. WELCOMING Israel's returning exiles back to the land. A practical outreach in prophetic fulfillment of Isaiah 49:22.
5. DISCIPLING day-to-day staff and volunteers both local and international. Living a community lifestyle of Word, worship and work.
Please join us in praying through to the full realization of this vision to equip His children to bear good fruit.
© Copyright Tikkun International Ministries. All rights reserved.